So be sure when you step. You step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Is it summer or is it me?

I guess I am lucky that I am asking myself this for the first time at the end of July. Although Arizona is known for having a dry heat, in the months of July-Sept, we have this lovely thing called the monsoon.

Well, it's "lovely" if you are not a runner.

90-degree weather at 5am on it's own is not miserable, but throw in some humidity and it's painfully wet. Like dripping in sweat uncontrollably wet. Like this:
Photobucket

When I come inside from after a run, I leave a trail of dripping sweat from the front door to the shower, where I undress.

My runs this week were hard, and the speed that I was craving just wasnt there. Now, it would be so easy to blame this on the weather! I mean, all that sweat...it must be why it's hard, right?

But I also just kinda feel tired.
My muscles feel tight.
My legs feel heavy.

So, it does beg the question if it's the weather, or if it's me.

It might just be time for *a little less* running and *a little more swimming*. Something that I have to do anyway since my next triathlon is quickly approaching.

And just like the heat has made running more challenging, it has made parenting more challenging as well. The afternoons are the most difficult, it is so hot that we dont even want to leave the house.

Needless to say, everyone is happy when David arrives home at 530. They are so sick of me by then and jump into his arms:
Photobucket

I love my family.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog after you (and quite a few others) whipped my butt in our age division at the last 5k...I had to see who you were and came across your blog (sorry if that's creeper like)....but you are SO inspiring and FAST! Keep on bloggin, I love reading locals blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete